You may have lived in several cities for study or job, but now, you want to get settled. Why to search for rooms for rent in Delhi or any other cities when you can afford your own house? Do you have transferable job? Then, you already know about the rates of flat on rent in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and other metropolitans. This is the time to buy your own house. Here are some negotiating tips on that-
Compare and Research Well–
- You can compare the property you’re intended to buy with a same property with equal amenities.
- Ask your real estate developers to give you thorough information and you also do research from your part.
Be Quick on Deals–
- You want to buy the apartment that you’ve chosen. You should be quick in responding.
- Any delay gives space to other buyers. And if the seller gets the hint that there are potential sellers are waiting with the deal he is offering, you can be out of the bidding war.
Don’t Reveal Your Financial Information–
- If the seller sense once that you can afford more than the price he has fixed or buy the house what he has offered, he won’t agree for negotiation.
- So, experts always suggest not disclosing your financial capability to the seller.
- Don’t drive an expensive car or wear a designer suit while going for negotiation.
Do Inspection before Making Offer–
- If you are settled on a rate and then notice some disputes after inspection, the seller may not agree for reopening the negotiation process.
- So, you should not make any offer before a thorough inspection.
- Today, sellers make repairs before selling the house.
- If you’re not satisfied with that, you can ask for credit so that you can hire your contractor for potential repairing.
Hire a Real-estate Agent– You’re not just searching rooms for rent in Delhi or Mumbai. It is about buying your dream house. So, appoint a real-estate agent to talk to the seller. There are some legal terms and other terminology which you may not know. Your real-estate agent is capable enough to denote the problem areas in the deal.
Buyer’s Market Strategy for Negotiation– Sellers wants to sell their house so the ball is on your court. They may not agree to your terms but will come to negotiation. Buyers should leverage the benefits of buyer’s market-
- Start from 10% under the price you’re able to pay for the house.
- You should ask for seller-financed closing costs.
- You should also ask for a convenient closing time.
- Ask for other appliances and entertainment centers
- You can also get concessions in buyer’s market.
Be Ready to Compromise– No house is perfect. You have to make it perfect. It is difficult to get your price and dream all together totally. So, be ready to compromise and let go small things. If you have lived in flat on rent in Delhi or other cities, you know the craving for own house. Don’t let go when it is manageable.
Author Bio: Shanaya Mehta is a professional writer and adviser on property and real estate. She is an ardent reader, a traveler and a passionate photographer. She wants to explore the world and write about whatever comes across her way.